• En Español
  • 한국어 페이지
  • 中文网
  • বাংলা
Law Offices of Raymond Lo, LLC | New Jersey Immigration Attorneys
Schedule Your Free Consultation

English 800-566-0954 En Español 800-519-2261

English 800-566-0954

En Español 800-519-2261

CoVid Notice: The Law Offices of Raymond Lo, LLC are conducting meetings by telephone / videoconferencing.

Helping You Make Your American Dream Come True

Helping You Make Your American Dream Come True

Parent-Child Visa Attorney Serving Hudson, Passaic And Bergen Counties

The parent-child bond is among the most important relationships you will have during your lifetime. Regardless of the circumstances, if you have established residency in the United States and your parent or child is not a citizen, the Law Offices of Raymond Lo, LLC can help reunite your family by obtaining a parent-child visa.

Raymond Lo has personal experience that allows him to relate to what you are going through. He will explain what to expect throughout the process of obtaining a visa and the options available given the factors of your unique situation. In situations where your parent or child is currently living in a foreign country, he will help you work through the petition process.

For a free initial consultation from an experienced parent-child visa attorney serving Jersey City, northern New Jersey and New York City, contact us online or call 800-566-0954.

Northern New Jersey Family Green Card Lawyer

Under certain circumstances, a U.S. resident can sponsor a family member in obtaining a visa to live and work permanently in the United States. A permanent lawful resident of the U.S. may petition to sponsor an unmarried minor child for U.S. citizenship if the child:

  • Was born to married parents or unmarried parents, US citizen(s); if the unmarried parent is the father, a relationship of support must be established
  • Is a stepchild and if the relationship between parent and stepparent began before the child turned 18
  • Is adopted and the adoption took place before the child was 16 and the child has been in the adoptive parents’ custody for at least two years or is under 18 and the sibling of another adopted child adopted at the same time or after his or her sibling; or if the child is an orphan who has been adopted abroad by a U.S. citizen or is coming to the U.S. to be adopted by a U.S. citizen

Only a U.S. citizen over the age of 21 may petition to sponsor his or her parents to become a U.S. resident.

The process of obtaining a parent-child visa or green card requires that you file a petition, that it is approved by the United States Immigration and Citizenship Services (USICS) and that the State Department assign an immigrant visa number. Although this may seem straightforward, the process can become complicated and confusing very quickly. With your family’s togetherness at stake, it is very important that you seek the guidance of an experienced and knowledgeable family immigration attorney whom you can trust.

Call Our Immigration Law Firm For Help

For an honest, comfortable, confidential initial consultation about obtaining a parent-child visa, contact family green card attorney Raymond Lo. We offer language translation assistance.